Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan pathfinder 2006 The rear light are not working I

Nissan pathfinder 2006The rear light...
Nissan pathfinder 2006The rear light are not working
I opened to replace bulbs , but they are ok, i checked the 6 fuse on the engine compartment all okThere is other problem, a friend of mine says that there is a switch by the transmission that sends signalOr what else could it be, please advise
Thank you
9/4/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

when you say tear lights are you talking about every single light that is visible to work in the rear outside taillight assemblies ?

I mean the reverse light
The one that turns on when i place transmission on reverse mode

oh ok hold on ill get a diagram up and we can do some checks, do you have a voltmeter for testing?

I did check there is no current coming to it
I used voltmeter on the terminals of bulb socket
Ok
I will do this tomorrow
My son took car out will
Come back late
Tonight
Can you please tell
Me what am i looking for? Or and if i will need to replace this relay
Please tell
Me part number or description

here is the diagram for that if you have power on 1 and ground on 2 you need a relay if no power you have a switch issue and that could be in the wiring or connector or switch, lots of possibilities, ill be on tomorrow if you need any further help

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Great will do thAt , i may meed to ask for additional
Thank you

hey thats ok thats why we are here and thanks for the great rating!

Just one last do you know this part. Number?

depends on who you get it from but here is a link to the relay from some of the parts people I use a lot

Oki waiting for link

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/DC/18396-05016164.html?utm_content=DN&utm_term=2005-2008+Nissan+Pathfinder+Back+Up+Light+Relay+Beck+Arnley+05-08+Nissan+Back+Up+Light+Relay+2006+2007&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ff&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Google+Base&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-8Sx-qiK1gIVz7fACh0v_wYPEAYYASABEgJMt_D_BwE&ad=47584901292

Thank you much
Night night

no prob have a good night

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician