Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Nissan pathfinder Left power window inop Ran power and…

2006 Nissan pathfinder Left power window...
2006 Nissan pathfinder
Left power window inop
Ran power and ground to motor will go up and down
checked wiring from switch to motor, all check good
Seem to have ground on both wires
Compare to the other windows and the ground and hot change when switch is depressed or pulled up
Replaced master switch, same result
Need help !!!
9/3/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When operating the window motor, the power and ground is suppose to be reverse polarity. Do you have a Volt Meter?

I do, using a test light the polarity dose not change, stays grounded

Is the Passenger window the only one that does not work?

At the Passenger Window switch, does the White Wire with the Red Stripe have power?

all the other windows operate properly
I see on the wiring diagram the bcm has something to do with the windows
The drivers window is separate of the other three. What dose the bcm do ???
the white wire with the stripe is ignition hot
oh you said passenger side, never tried that, but that same wire is hot on drivers side.

Yes.. I want to see if the Passenger window switch is getting power.. The power from the main switch goes through the passenger switch.

I will have to try that in the AM and let you know, but the passenger window works at drivers switch, but never tried it at the passenger switch itself. I just bought this thing used to fix up for a friend, has a lot of electronic gremlins.
I also have problem with spedo not working, sets abs codes for rear wheel speed sensors, test drove with scanner hooked up and both rear wheel speed sensors show 0 MPH front work properly, has fault code for steering wheel angel sensor. Any ideas on those ????? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!

Is it the driver or passenger window that is not working? I thought it was the passenger side?

No its the drivers side front only. all others work

Ugh!.. I asked if it was the passenger in the beginning.. thought you said yes. So I was thinking this whole time is was the Passenger..

The White wire with the Red Stripe, and check the Blue wire to the Master window switch

I am thinking the Blue wire may not have power..

The blue wire in the larger plug or the smaller plug ??

Small plug

No power there, when I check the wires get nothing, the center wire in that plug, cycles door locks, but no voltage at all in that connector.

Are you checking with the key in the ON position?

Is that the wire from the BCM ??

Then you will need to ohm check that blue wire from the master window switch to the BCM. If it's good, then you have a bad BCM. If its bad, then you may want to run your own wire.

That Blue wire comes directly from the BCM and is for the Drivers window motor operation only

That should be supplying 12v ??

Yes.. Battery Voltage

Can you read a wiring diagram?

Somewhat, not a expert at it but I saw that the power windows were separate on the BCM, could I run 12v to that blue wire to get it to work ???

You could cause more damage to the BCM. The BCM controls Window Operation, Lock Operation, Starting, Alarm and other things. You don't want to damage the BCM. But if you want to supply a 12v source as a test, you can do that.

I can share the wiring diagram with you if you like?

OK ill check the circuit first, If you have the info that would be fine. Any idea on the other problems I mentioned earlier ??

At this point, it is either a broken wire, a Door harness connector issue or the BCM. Let me get you the info .. 1 min

OK thanks, ***** ***** tomorrow, Any ideas n my other problems ??

It is either the BCM or a wiring issue. Nothing else.

I was talking about the spedo not working code P1721 and the rear wheel speed sensors not reading, causing ABS and brake light to come on, the VDC off light is on ans hast fault code for steering wheel angle sensor, any help would be appreciated !!!!

That is a totally different topic. I am limited to one topic per question

Ok ill open another question then, Thanks for the help !!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. That is how I get credit for my work. You can Rate me by clicking the Stars at the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician