Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The running tail light will not come on, but the brake

Customer Question
The running tail light...

The running tail light will not come on, but the brake lights work, the frog light work and the backup lights work, a sembly appears shaped light a foorball with a # sign attached

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes, to both questions

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Nissan Altima 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just a new replacement LED tail light assembly. pop in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The same thing was happeing before the replacement assembly happen.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
8/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

ok so we need to check a few things, are both rear running lights not functioning?