Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am a mechanic. I work on all, so, not exactly specialized,

certainly not nissan specialist. I...
I am a mechanic. I work on all, so, not exactly specialized, certainly not nissan specialist. I had nissan sentra 1.8 brought to shop on a hook. Bot***** *****ne; after cam and crank sensors replaced no change. found bad coil and plug different cylinders afterwards. Changed them. Now car starts and idles but will not accelerate at all and have all of these ob2 tps codes: p2135, p2122, p2127, p0223, and p0122. Maybe go back to original cam and crank sensors? codes didn't show up until it started.
8/17/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you replace those sensors with parts from the dealer? or from your local auto parts store? Also what brand spark plugs are in the car?

Replaced sensors from parts store. Bosch plugs,

Ok.. Part of the issue is the Parts. After Market electrical parts never work, and Bosch Plugs are the worst plugs in these cars. So the first thing you will need to do is get Cam and Crank Sensors from the dealer and the Proper NGK spark plugs. Clear codes and then see if any codes return. I can see some of these codes are also pointing to the electronic throttle chamber. Did you clean that by any chance?

Also codes are pointing to the APP sensor. But lets take things 1 at a time.

ALL of the codes point to the Throttle and Pedal positioning sensor but did not show up until after car started. I am sure the cam and crank sensor were changed prematurely for naught.
I am at home no longer in shop or i would call.

Well you have TP codes which is Throttle position sensor codes, which are part of the electronic throttle chamber. The App Sensor that shares a 5 Volt reference with the Ac Pressure Switch and Evap Pressure Sensor. So if one of those are bad, it can cause APP codes..

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Before I got the car to start it was brought to me with codes P1111 and P1273, evap type codes. only after starting did the TPS codes show.
actually p1111 is inlet air temp i thinl
Phone call session started
request call

Would you mind if I call you in 20 mins. My phone is almost dead, got to charge it. Then I will call.

Not a problem. yake your time. i will get a quick shower. heatn= index 111 degrees F down here today. thanx

Guess it's hot where you are. Ok.. Reply when your ready for me to call and I will call.

Thanks

whenever you're ready.

ok.. Calling in 2 mins

ok

It was good talking to you. Let me know how you make out