Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My break pad is lock and the car will not start, No I have…

My break pad is...

My break pad is lock and the car will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No I have not checked the battery to see if there is any corrison.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got off from work and went out to go home and could not get the brake to push down or the car to start. I also cannot get my doors to lock now either. Right now I am waiting for my husband to come and see if we can get it started. Just trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is about it.

8/17/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you have a dead battery. Have you checked that yet?

No I have not. Will my radio work if the battery is dead?

yes it take very little power for that

I checked the battery and it does have corrosion on it.
Does the battery being dead prevents me from locking the doors as well?

you will need to do a load test on it, I would remove it clean the terminals and have it checked at the local auto parts store they will check it for free

How am I suppose to jump the car if the break pad is lock?

everything will free up when you apply power to the system

I got it started

Good! glad everything worked out, let me know if you have any other questions!

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician