Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Second opinion] codes say crank sensor. I replaced that. no…

Customer Question
Second opinion] codes say...

Second opinion] codes say crank sensor. I replaced that. no change. check engine light on. When I finally get vehicle started, if I keep rpm up over 1500 and shift auto trans gear by gear both up and down, keeping the rpm over 1500 then it is drivable. if rpm gets a bit over 3000 rpm it acts like a rev limiter

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 1500?

Nissan armada 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed crank position sensor. no change in condition O reilly auto parts read codes and said it was the CPS.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It died right after I went over a rock on a backwoods easement. I was in 4WD Low

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
8/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you give me all the codes by number?