Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering wheel is locked, my daughter is stuck, she puts the…

Customer Question
Steering wheel is locked ...

Steering wheel is locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

My daughter is stuck, she puts the key in and cant turn the key or the wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Nissan Versa 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

She is sitting in the car now stranded

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats the only issue

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
8/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you try using some force and turn the Steering wheel while trying to turn the key? Try each direction one at a time.