Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2017 pathfinder and it won't start.. No lights or…

I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 pathfinder and it won't start.. No lights or anything. I thought it was the battery, tried to boost it, still nothing and I have a flat

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

I have mo lights at all.. Its completely dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nooooooo... All I can do is pump gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No.. I don't have any idea what happened

8/15/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If the car is that dead, if a jump start did not show any signs of power, then you have a blown fusible link.

The Main fusible link is like the main fuse for the car. That is located off the positive battery terminal.

But I have seen were these batteries if you double tap the start button when exiting the ignition turns back on as you exit and the battery drains completely. So you may want to try jump starting the car again, and make sure you have a good connection on the battery to see if you have any signs of life. If you do, then give it 10 to 15 mins to help charge up the battery a little before trying to start the car.

Ok... Is that really expensive to fix?

If it's just a fusible link. It's like 30 bucks for the part

Ok, so I guess I have to get a tow if I can't get it started... I need a tire anyway..
How does this happen?

How does the link blow? Most likely the cables being connected in the wrong sequence or backwards

Ok... I thought it was not fixable... I will call the Nissan dealership tomorrow. Will they come tow it for me?

If you contact Nissan at 1-800-Nissan-1, they will send road side assistance to to tow the car for you

Thank you so much!!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
You sure did and I will give you an excellent rating.. Thank you so much for your help!! I Love my car and I thought it was dead forever...

Your welcome.. Glad to have been able to help