Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

The car will crank but will not accelerate, why pls

Customer Question

Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have changed the brain box, the throttle sensor and the air flow meter but still no results
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Hey there, I know you said the car will start but not accelerate. Does it go into gear though?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it moves but will not fire for it to pick up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
give me the steps in writing because it is easierto follow. more so am in nigeria and it is nighthere now
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
If the vehicle is going in gear, but not moving forward then you want to rev the engine in park or in gear and see if you can build revs. If you can then you know it's not related to the throttle, or ECM, or anything related to engine control, but instead an issue with the gearbox operation.
Is this a manual or auto?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is auto, it enters gear both drive and reverse. the problem is even at 'park' position, the car does not fire. you will deopress the throttle and no response. the engine is only steaming but does not fire
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.

Is your Pathfinder a petrol or diesel model?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is petrol model
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** going to be a faulty APP sensor, which is in the electronic gas pedal assembly.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have changed the pedal sensor
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Did you change the throttle body itself?
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
The only things on the petrol models that will cause that are the throttle body or the pedal assembly and I thought you replaced the throttle body
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the entire throttle component. That is the throttle sensor cable was unplugged, the throttle pedal that has the sensor was removed and another one replaced. Further another same car throttle pedal was used but still the problem was not resolved
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
If you remove the intake hose does the throttle open any when you press the gas?