Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

While driving my truck suddenly started to get hot and the…

Customer Question
While driving my truck...

While driving my truck suddenly started to get hot and the motor staled. When i checked under the hood one of the water hoses split spraying coolant on motor. I replaced the hose and coolant but now the engine cranks but won't start. I have replaced the alternator, distributor, and fuel filter. Doesn't seem to be getting fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

96 pickup

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself. I have replaced the alternator, distributor, and fuel filter.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
8/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Next step would be a fuel pressure test, do you have a fuel gauge?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

They have a loaner tool program at the local parts stores you can borrow one there and do some checking

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Shawn. I am not a mechanic and don't have access to many of the tools that a mechanic may have. I can't afford the high cost of professional car service. I was just looking for some suggestions.