Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car stalled in about 1 foot of water. Towed it home and now…

Customer Question
Car stalled in about...

Car stalled in about 1 foot of water. Towed it home and now it won't even turn over. It's about 3 hrs since we towed it home. Water was about maybe 2 inches above bottom of door. 2013 Nissan Sentra. Any advice?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet but trying to start it. Won't turn over at all. Lights are working. Only drove about 30 ft before it stalled in water. Was towed in less than an hour.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Tail lights whe you unlock and lock it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Water was about a foot deep

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
8/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

The firt thing I need you to do is remove the air filter and see if it is wet please.

Air filter is dry

How long has it been sense this happened?

Additional 26 dollars???

You do not need to do the live phone call. That is just something the site offers. I did not send the offer to you, the site does it automatically.

3 hours. Got the car out of the water in a half hour

What size engine does your car have in it?

Think 1.8 not positive. 2013 Nissan sentra

Does the starter make any kind of noise when you try to start the engine?

No

Do the dash lights dim when you try to start the engine?

Dash lights do not come on at all. Only 3 red lights andradio

Did the engine ever turn over when it was in the water after the engine died?

Didn't try to start car after it stalled

The first thing you should do would be to pull all the spark plugs out and see if there is any water in the spark plug tubes, or in the cylinders.

I am old and ready for bed. Would love to continue our conversation tomorrow. Please email me and I appreciate all you've already done tonight. Thank you. Will try to look you up tomorrow.
Wish your shop was here. I would bring you the car tomorrow or monday

I would be happy to help you if I was close to you. If you bookmark this page you can come right back to it tomorrow and we can keep looking at your car.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician