Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P1778 code came up and the check engine light is on, it

Customer Question
P1778 code came up...

P1778 code came up and the check engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2011 nissan altima 2.5s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything I just went to the auto zone to get a reading and that's what came up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the p1778 code mean and what is the next step to begin working on car

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
also what will be the cost to fix the problem?
8/5/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The diagnosis charge for this code at a shop or dealer can run around $100 in some cases to test to pinpoint the cause.The code here can set due to a fault with a step motor in the transmission,wiring or speed sensor issues or an internal fault in the TCM ( transmission computer itself).If any of these have an issue this causes this code.The cost to repair this will vary all depending on what is at fault.It may run anywhere from $100 to over $1000 to have repaired depending on if it is a wiring issue,step motor issue or mechanical fault in the transmission.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete