Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2000 Nissan pathfinder my problem happened quite

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2000 Nissan pathfinder my problem happened quite suddenly.The 4wd light comes on after travelling about 500 m does the exact same thing every time.Also along with that there is some delay in gear changes.And finally its affecting the 4wd.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Just the amber coloured 4wd light only
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and have pulled out 2x sensors and tried others that I know are NOT faulty also have tried another trans ECU
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

what codes are you getting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had Nissan and a auto electrician both put there scanner on and came up with no fault code BUT the description of the problem is the speed sensor.Does that make any sense to you ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't sorry.

There is a TSB on that let me send it to you

takes a min to transfer doc, here it is

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When the 4wd light comes on after travelling about 500 m it stays on solid and the green lights that are normally lit up indicating just the rears wheels are driven disappear. When I start the engine and stay stationary everything looks normal on the dash and stays that way until I get down the road. So everything changes only when moving.

do you have all the same tire sizes and inflated to the proper psi?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all new could it be a ABS sensor or transmission/transfer case switches ?

It very well could be, usually when it is though it will code for that, you can monitor the sensors on a scanner to look for differences in the readings

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What about one of the switches on the trans and transfer case there are 3 of them all up

what do you mean they are all up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are 3 of them described as shift solenoid,Wait Detection Switch grey,ATP Switch black and 4wd LO Switch grey with green paint ???

im having trouble pulling up information on this one ill have to open it up to the other techs for help

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
K :) Thanks