Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My m45 will not start after I put a new battery in it, I…

Customer Question
My m45 will not...

My m45 will not start after I put a new battery in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I just changed the battery, cleaned terminals "no corrosion " motor turns over but will not fire

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your M45?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

1 week ago I put a new cam positioning sensor in #1 bank and replaced idler pulley cuz it threw off the belt, battery was dead immediately so I've been driving it since. Last night I put new front brake pads and rotors on it : when I checked the battery terminals they were corroded so I just came to Costco pulled the old battery exchanged for a brand new one cleaned all corrosion and put back together now car cranks over fine but will not fire

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not much more to say

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Still there ?
I am wondering what happened to my Nissan expert ? Please let me know if there will be one soon or not, I am stuck in a Costco parking lot and really would like to get out of here. My wait time said 8 minutes like 20 ago : it seems at least
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. when the engine is cranking does the security light go out?

try this. If it is the factory system, here is the procedure.
Close the trunk and hood, then open the drivers door and lock all the doors with the door lock switch, then close the driver door.
Wait 30 seconds and unlock the door with the key.Then wait 30 more seconds and open the door. This will reset the factory alarm system

Ok I'll try that

ok

No luck but I'm gonna try one more time to make sure I didn't screw something up in this sequence. It's been a long 40 hours bud

ok my friend.

Nope just cranks

ok, but it was running fine until you replaced the battery?

it was. I replaced the front brakes and rotors early this morning, cranks positioning sensor on left #1 bank 5 days ago. And idler pulley cuz it locked up and threw off the belt and immediately old battery was dead. Wouldn't even charge my phone. But all that was 5 days ago when I noticed the loose pos battery post. So just took battery out and exchanged it, was shopping for approx: 2 hours put new battery in and this is all I've got out of it. Strong cranking over but like no fuel or spark
I apologize cuz my phone is on 2% and can't charge it in this damn car until I put it in ACC. So I'm back and forth between talking and turning it off to start the procedure

when you turn the key on can you hear the fuel pump running for a few seconds?

Actually No I can't hear it at all

were you always able to hear it before or you just never listened?

I have heard it run, I just hadn't thought to listen for it tonight

ok, then we have to assume its not running.

Ok. And I'll bet this car is so sensitive that I can't even change relays or jump it across to power anywhere without risking burning something up correct ?

no

but you can check fuse 81 in the IPDM under the hood.

Ok

it 12:30 am here my friend, Ill be back on in the am around 8 eastern

Ok so I am very new to this app, what happens now. I'm SOL until morning or back on my own so to speak ?

ill be right here in the morning

Ill just open this up to others so you dont have to wait. good luck

I guess that's a yes bud your stuck in that parking lot unless you can afford a tow truck or walk home. Damn, is there other mechanics or there all done till morning on the east coast ?
Well I think I've waited sufficient time for some help. 18 hours later I am still stuck in a damn parking lot and not a single "Expert Mechanic" since the initial 1 I spoke to before ditching me to go to bed. Totally understandable someone would want to go to bed, however not right what so ever when I've been stuck in a damn parking lot for 24 hours and paying for a service. This service needs cancelled asap!!
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician