Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The coolant in my reservoir is bubbling. could there be any

Customer Question

The coolant in my reservoir is bubbling. could there be any other possible cause other than a blown head gasket. the car does not over heat at all, no smoke out the back at all. A used motor with 80K miles was just installed 3 weeks ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

whats the temp on that with a thermometer or digital temp gun? also have you performed a head gasket combustion gas check?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not done anything at all. I am aware those test exist but I have yet to go that far. But what would the temp tell you? are you saying it could still be overheating just not to the point where the needle on the dash is showing it?

correct, you may have some misleading information from a sensor and would double check everything to make sure it is working properly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but then...what would be the reason for the bubbling coolant in the reservoir?

it could be sucking air though the system and or it could be having other issues such as a head gasket which is more likely