Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Runs but dies. will restart. have code P0732. I did this…

Customer Question
Runs but dies....

Runs but dies. will restart. have code P0732

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes I did this morning. The code is P0732, P1492 and p0325

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1999 Sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

YEs and nothing yet.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
8/4/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

what engine is in that 1.6 or 2.0?

1.6

when are the conditions that it dies?

Im not sure, daughters car. she has complained about it a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. Happened twice yesterday. Had a mechanic friend tell me sounds like a camshaft positioning sensor. Having trouble finding one.
if you prefer texting is fine with me also

strange he indicated that, the knock sensor and evap code I wouldnt worry too much about its the 732 that concern's me and makes me think that the car is stalling under this condition, hows the trans fluid and level in it?

Last I checked it was good.

so we to get more information on the stalling conditions each time

ok like what information do you need?

just when it dies and or stalls and what the driving conditions were when it happened

Slow...town driving. I just talked with her and she got the car home. Didn't want to stop at the stop sign because she knew it would die.

sounds like a torque converter is locked up partially or its stays stuck in 2nd gear, We can do some diagnostics on that if you would like, it will require a volt meter and scanner

I have a volt meter. What kind of scanner is required? I will be near the car in a couple of hours. At that time I wont have access to the computer. Would texting work for you?

It will need to be able to communicate with bcm tcm and ecm functions and texting is fine as long as its through the system

I'm not sure that I have that capability. As far as the system, its fine with me.

More than likely it will need a new valve body, but withut the scan tool it will be hard to do the diagnostics