Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My son has a 2000 nissan altima and smoke that smells like

Customer Question

my son has a 2000 nissan altima and white smoke that smells like gas is coming out of the tail pipeand car cuts off and sometimes wont start.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: yes but sometimes it will crank up and cut off or he will drive it and it cuts off
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing trying to see what the problem is i think its the fuel pump but not sure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you had the vehicle scanned for any codes ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
text