Matt Haas
Matt Haas,
Experience:  Fleet Mechanic at Pepsi
98786112

Helicopter vibration sound coming from front end of car i

Customer Question

helicopter vibration sound coming from front end of car i got my tires in january 2017 got the first rotation and now my car sounds terrible replaced the front brakes and rotors, right side axel and hub , got the front tires re balanced and it still sounds bad
JA: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?
Customer: 125,000 i just replaced the brakes and rotors yesterday because i had warranty the shop replaced them
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2003 murano
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no the mechanic shop , just had the right hub replaces, front brakes and pad and right side axel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yesterday
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt Haas replied 2 months ago.
Hello, so this noise started right after the tire rotation? Have you hit anything with the tires prior to this? It sounds like either a bent rim or a separated tire. The shop should be able to notice this on the tire balancer. They should've rotated your tires back to see if the noise went away to see what tire is causing the issue. You can also have them do what is called "roadforce" balancing, to check runout of the tires.