Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It just started making a loud whining/humming noise today…

Customer Question
It just started making...

It just started making a loud whining/humming noise today just as I was getting to work. Also I've been having stalling problems with it. It will shut off and when I start it back up it won't get any gas. Been having this problem for a while now and have replaced the fuel pump twice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Engine light is on and it stalls both when idling and driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2000 Maxima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried two different mechanics and like I said replaced fuel pump twice as told by mechanics

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have a heater core problem and it sounds like air is coming in from somewhere. Also I'd like to know why that darn engine light is on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
8/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, if you want to know why the check engine light is on then go to auto zone and have them put their code reader on it. its a free service. write the codes down and let me know what they are. thanks

are you there?