Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Nissan Versa, 2012. Just today, i was driving for a…

Customer Question
I have a Nissan...

I have a Nissan Versa, 2012. Just today, i was driving for a couple of hours, turned the car off to stop somewhere, and when I went to start the car there was a loud clunk from the rear of the car. I drove another 2 hours and stopped for gas, and had the same thing happen when I started the car. There is no noise any other time. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No, it is not a gas hog, and its been running beautifully.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I used the dealership for major things and while the warranty was on, now i use a local garage/mechanic I've used for years. He did the brakes and an oil change a couple of weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. I'm just concerned that I need to drive several more hours and am worried that the car may not start or something may go terribly wrong.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
8/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This only happens when you start the car? Or does it also have to be moving?