Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Nissan Versa, 2012. Just today, i was driving for a

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Versa, 2012. Just today, i was driving for a couple of hours, turned the car off to stop somewhere, and when I went to start the car there was a loud clunk from the rear of the car. I drove another 2 hours and stopped for gas, and had the same thing happen when I started the car. There is no noise any other time. Any ideas?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No, it is not a gas hog, and its been running beautifully.
JA: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I used the dealership for major things and while the warranty was on, now i use a local garage/mechanic I've used for years. He did the brakes and an oil change a couple of weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I'm just concerned that I need to drive several more hours and am worried that the car may not start or something may go terribly wrong.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

This only happens when you start the car? Or does it also have to be moving?