Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 04 maxima. Car turned off while making a right…

Customer Question
I have an 04...

I have an 04 maxima . Car turned off while making a right turn . Did not turn on right away but a few minutes later , it did . My daughter tried to use it the following day and the car crank but dont start . I changed the cams and crank sensor but nothing . gas pressure is good . there is power to the coils but no spark . fuses are good .

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

No .it was driving fine .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fuses . Changed both cams and crank sensor . checked fuel pressure . There is power to the coils but no spark .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes . After I crank the car ,I smell gas .

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
8/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Sorry for the long wait, I may be able to help on this concern, being no one else has offered if help is still needed.

Car won't start . It cranks but no spark . I changed the cams and the crank sensors . Fuses are good and so the fuel pressure . No check engine on and no codes in the scanner .

Do you have a scan tool to see if the PCM is getting a signal from the crank and cam sensors while cranking?

My friend is coming to check on that . If that's not the problem , what else I need to check .

Diagnosing on what if makes the process much longer, it is best to wait and get all the info first.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Not what I expected for $20.00 . I was looking for different things to look into how to fix my car . I thought u was gonna provide me with soliutions on how to fix it with the information I submitted .

I have the option to help you diagnose and fix the car or the option to provide an educated guess without diagnostics. Let me know which option works best for you.

Chris

Is like I said . It cranks but no spark . I know that a certified mechanic have the opportunity to look into how to fix the problem . It gives you options at what to do if 1 of the answers is not the right 1 . I thought u was gonna tell me like that .

That is what I have been doing.

For a crank no start concern you check compression, fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse.

You said there is no spark.

The next diagnostic step is to confirm the computer is getting a signal from the crank and cam sensor.

We are stuck at this step still. We can not continue on from this point until I know more info. As of right now the possible causes for no spark are still to many possible causes.

I wil check the the information that you just provide it to me . I will check back after I check this . Thanks .

Thanks

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician