Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have an old '97 Altima - was driving down driveway and it

Customer Question

I have an old '97 Altima - was driving down driveway and it simply stopped running. All electrical is working, starter works, it's like it's not getting fuel or spark.
JA: Does the engine turn over at all? Is this the original starter?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I can, yes. I've checked the logical fuses, but haven't found anything yelling "it's me".
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know, except there's plenty of fuel and power to everything, as far as I know.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 2 months ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question.if it just died going down the road like that, then its like the distributor has failed. how handy are you? are you comfortable checking for spark?