Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 95 Nissan pickup and it will run fine when it's

Customer Question

I have a 95 Nissan pickup and it will run fine when it's cool but if it's hot outside will sputter and die I was told it's my fuel pump but not sure
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: Replaced it about 9 months ago. Also the fuel pump wasn't a standard fuel pump from say Autozone. They say the truck came from overseas so we found it at Napa
JA: Are you fixing your Pickup yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am thinking of trying to remove the bed and replace myself if I can find the pump. I have replaced the battery so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I can think of
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

what engine do you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2.4

ok.

does the engine start right back up after it stalls?or must you wait?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It will start and it it's cool I can drive it but as soon as it gets to hot it starts sputtering and will shit off and then it just keeps dying. I then have to get a ride and let the truck cool off overnight and when I start it in the morning it will be fine

ok

this sounds as if you may have a bad cam sensor in the distributor.

you may just want to replace that distributor with a new rebuilt unit

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you think distributor? My mechanic said it's the fuel pump but he said I need to get rid of the truck lol and I had replaced the fuel pump in December after having a kinda similar problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That time I had ran out of gas and then I had the problem after that

it sounds as if the cam sensor is getting hot and breaking down

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is that part of the distributor

yes

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgoslwya5le2ywq/0802-nissan-1.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/kgoslwya5le2ywq/0802-nissan-1.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help