Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

02 maxima code 1610. P1610 Immobilizer, car won't start.

Customer Question
02 maxima code 1610 ...

02 maxima code 1610

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P1610 Immobilizer, car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Disconnect battery,cycled registered key on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thus happened after I a spare key I just got made

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 11 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you try programming the keys? That is what the code is indicating.

Let me know..

I tried a reset by cycling the original key on and off three times. Is there any other way to do it ?

That is how you would take it out of lock mode. But if that doesn't work, and when you turn the key to the ON position and the security light is solid, then the key would need to be programmed with a scanner for it to start the car. The car can't read the chip in the key. That is why it would need to be programmed. That can only be done with a scanner. Most mobile locksmiths can program keys if you wanted to try that.

But that is your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!