Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

It shuts off and i dont get any check engine light. Nothing,

Customer Question
It shuts off and...

It shuts off and i dont get any check engine light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2011 frontier 4.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealer changes gas pump but it still shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has remote start alarm and dealer wants me to remove u It

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
7/31/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

You mean the truck is stalling and you are not getting any codes?

When it stalls, does it turn off like someone has turned off the ignition? or like it is running out of gas?

I'm at work can u keep texting

ok, we can continue this way.. So, ..When it stalls, does it turn off like someone has turned off the ignition? or like it is running out of gas?

It just shuts off like if i turned off switch
Any ideas the dealer is blaming the alarm
Soo
Nissan Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 6 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

ater it shuts off,does it start right back up or must you wait till it cools for a while?

Starts rite back up

does it ever do this when the engine is cold?

After like 20 min of driving

ok

i would think you have a bad crank sensor

the crank sensor will do this sometimes when they go bad and most times not give a code for it

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Crankshaft Position Sensor

Crankshaft Position Sensor

23731EA20C-$34.22

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace

B 0.5 - 0.6 hours labor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fotvthh5xdimpw/0731-nissan-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/9fotvthh5xdimpw/0731-nissan-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Got u thank u..crank sensor correct

yes,i would think it is the crank sensor

I hope on my way to nissan

ok

thanks

I would like to add, that the Crank Sensors never go on these trucks. Cam Sensors are much more common. I would have them checked for your issue.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician