Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 2006 NISSAN TITAN AND JUST RECENTLY HAD THE OIL…

Customer Question
GOOD MORNING...

GOOD MORNING I HAVE A 2006 NISSAN TITAN AND JUST RECENTLY HAD THE OIL CHANGED BY THE FORD DEALERSHIP WHERE I LIVE AND SINCE THEN BY SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT HAS COME ON iS THERE A WAY TO RESET THIS

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No sorry I don't, the ford dealership tried to read to see if there was an error but they couldn't scan it

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have been trying to, I have tried the depress accelerator pedal 5 times etc and followed that procedure but that didn't work either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just wondering if the dealership didn't reset the oil would that cause this service engine light to come on?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 11 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

We can Do Master Reset on it Manually since no scanner available for you and see if that will reset it ,if that do not then we need to have it scanned and retrieve the fault codes and based on these codes we can pull up the troubleshoot and be more accurate on it for you,if you do get it scanned and reset do not erase or erase it and then comes back on in few miles post the faults back here for me and i can help you further on it

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat