Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Helo, I have a problem with my car nissan pathfinder. it was…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my car nissan pathfinder.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pathfinder?

It was not starting when I turned the key on i think its 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Its not damaged...yesterday only I went out and parked in my parking lot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i want to fix it my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/31/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Are you getting any key flashing in the dash?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want phone call
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am getting a car symbol with key flash in it in the dash with red colour.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are u there.?

that means your car is in immobilizer mode, do you have a different key to try?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no I don't have..

hold on one sec ill get you a procedure to try

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok or is it a problem of battery.?

try taking off the battery cables holding them together for 15 mins leave off bat cables for 30 and reconnect

battery wouldnt cause that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
then
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there any other way to try...if you can tell me now may be I can do it once when I am at my home. Presently I am at my office.

turn key on for 5 sec turn key off for 10 and repeat twice, see if this does it,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I will try it.

let me know what happens ! ill be around

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok sure may be I can text you at the evening once I try to do it..now I am at the office

sure you can text anytime!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Patrick the car got started and again today it is not starting. What might be the reason.?

Interesting, you must have a immobilizer issue, I would bite the bullet and get some keys made and programed to the vehicle at the dealer, if your lucky you can get a lock smith to do it at a lower cost, not many have this capability but some do and they are a lot cheaper than the dealer, and if you do decide to do that order some fobs online and keys and they both can cut and program them for you. You should be able to negotiate a hours labor at the dealer for the program.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
approx. how much will it cost in total.?

keys and fobs and all right under 200, if you can get them to agree to the hour, everything is negotiable, and with a lock smith even cheaper if they have the capability, but thats you supplying the keys and fobs