Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Check engine light along with slip light and the truck will

Customer Question

check engine light along with slip light and the truck will only idle when slip light is on.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 frontier*****JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In the book it says to put steering wheel all the way in up position and driv over 10 miles ph for awhile but not real clear on cause plus can not go over 10 mph when light is on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cant think of anything else
Category: Nissan
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. What codes are you getting ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im just the owner and I get check engine light and slip light and truck will only idle until slip goes out. o codes

no codes? there has to be codes, if there is a check engine there is codes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have any way to read codes. The lights are on the dash with odometer,speedometer etc.

see if you can take it to the auto parts store in the morning and they will read codes for free, ill be working tomorrow, let me know what they say and I can help ya fix the problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, thanks.

sure thing!

hows it coming?