Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue select AWD that did not come with…

Customer Question
I have a 2014 Nissan...
I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue select AWD that did not come with fog lights. I purchased a light selector switch (25540-ee90e off of Ebay) with the one that has the fog light ring. I installed the new switch and connected my new LED fog lights to the factory wiring. However my fog lights will not turn on (all other light functions still work with the new switch). I used a multi-meter to determine the factory wiring harness is not getting power. Is there a relay or fuse I need to install? Maybe the BCM is not sensing the new switch? Please help?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
7/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So unless you bought the kit there is a relay and harness that is supposed to come with it, you can get that from nissan,

I purchased aftermarket LED lights and the switch separately. I'm using the factory wiring harness that is already on the vehicle. Do you have the part numbers and an installation instructions for the other components. I read on other user forums that you just needed the switch and the lights.

So I cant find those instructions in my system if I remember right its either a relay or you have to go into the computer to tell it to recognize the switch, I would call parts dept and see which one it is.

Ok, I was hoping you could help with that today, I guess I will have to wait until Monday to get the answer from the dealer and fix my issue. Thanks for trying.

ill open this back back up for other techs maybe they have the documents

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 9 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

After buying the lights and the switch, the only thing you would need to do is have the Bcm reconfigured for the fog lights to work.

That would need to be done by the dealer.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician