Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 liter engine and the the car

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 liter engine and the the car shut off on my wife while she was driving it. I found that the ENG CONT fuse (15A) was burnt out. When I replaced it, it burnt out again. There obviously is a short somewhere in the circuit. I can't find online the circuit drawing for the engine control (if that is what ENG CONT stands for) to see what devices are on that circuit. The ignition turns on when I push the start button, but the engine won't start. When I jump the ENG CONT fuse with a wire then the engine starts fine. (I know that this is a no no, but at least I know that the engine is working fine).Any suggestions? Or can you provide me with the drawings for the circuit? Thanks you in advance.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: The steering wheel turns and the key is fine.
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, and i told you I did the above.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only other thing is that my water pump is leaking a bit, but I don't think that is affecting this problem.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, please let me know what fuse on the attachment is the one that keeps blowing. thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was very clear in my explanation! It's the ENG CONT fuse (15A) located in the fuse box in the engine. Don't make me repeat the same question! Plus your attachment doesn't show me anything!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to talk to you live and pay more! Give me an answer based on what I have told you!

Have a great fantastic day.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this site a joke? I provide you with information about a problem I am having with my vehicle, and a supposed 5 star rated mechanic cannot give me a basic answer? The best he can do is refer me to another mechanic? And this after he tries to lure me to talk live and pay more? I can see where this is going!
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Sorry for the delay. I can certainly provide you with the information you need. It sounds like ti could be a bad ecm drawing to much amperage. But let me get you the circuit so you can check it. The only thing I need from you is the Exact Fuse location. The factory manual does not have fuses labeled describing what they are. They number all the fuses. If you need a image of the fuse box that show the fuse numbers so you can tell me what number fuse it is, I can do that also.

Let me know please..