Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

07 pathfinder, cranks, will not start, checked all fuses,

Customer Question

07 pathfinder, cranks, will not start, checked all fuses, ran OBD 2 no codes found, changed a cam sensor 2 weeks ago, thinking may need crank sensor
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: see above
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, checked all fuses, key fob sensor, ran scan tool, checked shift linkage sensor,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: think that's its
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Merc320 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

You could change crank sensor but you would expect a code if it was faulty.

have you checked fuel supply and pressure.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
pressures good on fuel, it was a sudden event...ran perfect last pm, will not start this am
Expert:  Merc320 replied 2 months ago.

Hope the crank sensor fixes it when renewed.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The crank sensors never go on these trucks. If you replaced the Cam Sensor with one from your local auto parts store, that is considered a after market sensor. After market sensors never work on these trucks. They are known to cause no start issues, hard start issues and running issues. If you did get the sensor from your local auto parts store, I would strongly suggest to see if you can return it and get a Cam Sensor from the dealer for your issue.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

When it comes to electrical parts, you always want to stick with getting them from the dealer. After Market sensors always tend to cause issues and have you replacing parts you don't need and actually end up costing you more money than if you had just gotten the part from the dealer.

This is why I am making this suggestion. I see this on a daily basis.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!