Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car locking down like the key is not being recognized,

Customer Question
The car locking down...

The car locking down like the key is not being recognized, even with the key in the slot,

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

No, not noticeably

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2012 maxima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not doing any repairs just trying to drive it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has tried to reset a couple of times, then shuts down again

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Are you getting any lights on the dash