Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Wont Start. Told I need new ECM. Error codes of P1610 and

Customer Question
P1612. I was just told...
Wont Start. Told I need new ECM. Error codes of P1610 and P1612. I was just told this would be an immobilizer issue?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I don't think so. Car is at Nissan Dealership now.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2002 Pathfinder
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
7/28/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Those are call NATS code. You get those codes when the computer can not read the chip in the keys. So normally this does not require the Ecm to be replaced, it only requires all the vehicles keys to be programmed to the vehicle.

When you try to start the vehicle with a key that is not programmed to the car, when the key is in the ON position, the security light will turn on solid. That means the Immobilizer is active and the computer will not provide injector pulse for the vehicle to start. Once keys are programmed, the vehicle should start right up.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician