Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Is the fan clutch and the clutch fan the same part, My

Customer Question

is the fan clutch and the clutch fan the same part, My daughter had problems with her fan and they are charging her around 900 to replace it they are charging her for a clutch fan,spacer , fan chutch,fan shroud, and misl. I was wondering if they are charging her for twice for the same part
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, there is only a fan clutch. and to replace those items in no way shouls even come close to 900.00. .......300.00 MAX!

Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 2 months ago.

There is a fan, fan clutch, and a spacer on this engine. With the fan shroud and all of the parts $900.00 is a fare price. The fan is plastic and is known to crack.

that is absolutely untrue. those parts can be obtained for 1/3 of the price. excuse the interruption

The shop is marking up the prices for the parts 200% as most shops do, which to me is a rip off.

May I ask what year is the vehicle please?

as far as there being a fan clutch and a clutch fan is what is was referring to, there isnt both.

Yes there is a clutch fan. You either have a straight fan or a clutch fan. A straight fan bolt directly to the water pump or bearing, and a clutch fan bolts to the clutch.

Total for parts will be around $550.00 plus labor.

Please excuse the interruptions. Those parts can be obtained for 262.03 total plus labor

If you get them from a junk yard maybe. New they are right at $550.00 plus two hours labor plus tax.

brand new. 262.03

The fan shroud is $215.00 by itself.

Genuine Nissan Parts 21476-4S110 Radiator Fan Shroud 92.69. now please leave this question. I am trying to save this customer from being ripped off. you on the other hand do not care

Sorry my friend, you are giving false information. The shop that has the car is being very fare, as the dealer would charger over $1100. For the same job.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I am sorry for the confusion. This whole time there is one key thing that we would need to determine the proper estimate.

What year is your Xttera?