peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Cant seem to locate the receiver drier on my 2005 nissan

Customer Question

cant seem to locate the receiver drier on my 2005 nissan titan
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Nissan Titan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The receiver dryer on this model is part of the ac condensor meaning if it needs replaced the ac condensor needs replaced.Here is a note on this from the repair manual:

The Receiver/Drier (liquid tank) is located near the condensor on earlier Nissan vehicles and is part of the condensor on later model vehicles, usually 2003 and later.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm confused than. How was I able to buy the part...just the drier if it is all one unit

Had to recheck as my info is showing conflicting results.The other info I did locate on this model is it is attached to the side of the condensor as shown below highlighted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqo0cgh5nzhxbpd/dr-07-26.png?dl=0

This is the only place it can be if you did get it separate.One part of my info says its part of the condensor and the other part gives me a part number which is how I found its location.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you have that part number so i can compare?

Receiver Dryer

Part number 53542ZQ00A Cost of $87.70

1.8 hours labor to replace.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?