Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Nissan is a 2011 Murano. im wanting to but not sure what

Customer Question

My Nissan is a 2011 Murano.
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im wanting to but not sure what the problem is. In park or while driving there is a loud whining sound, it sounds liikr it's coming from the trans
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Have you checked the trans fluid yet ? Also have you been servicing it regular and are there any codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fluid level is good, fluid doesn't look bad, no codes

If youe certain it is coming from the trans it would be a CVT issue, those things have a ton of problems and are under a factory warranty I think that goes up to 160k, I would contact your local dealer to see if they will replace it for free.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm pretty sure that's where it's coming from. I raised the car on my lift while running and in park and it's whining pretty loud from inside the trans. I felt like it was a CVT problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do u think the factory warranty goes to 160k?

Ill have to check again but when I worked for nissan its something they did but didnt tell the customers. Now some dealers are better than others about helping customers so if you get some kick back at one dealer I would try a different one. I used to replace 1 or trans every week.