Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

The back latch on my Nissan Rogue is broken. Is there a way

Customer Question

Hello, the back latch on my Nissan Rogue is broken. Is there a way I can open the rear hatch from the inside, I crawled back there the other day and didn't see anything.
JA: What year is your Rogue?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to the dealership and found out it will cost around 400.00 to fix it, we are hoping to find the part and fix it ourself. but we are going on a trip this weekend and I was just wondering if there was a way to get it open from the inside temporarily until we get it fixed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, I am at work right now, I prefer text as well, I was just hoping there was something back there to open the hatch as I am not trying to fix it today

No emergency latch, you will have to pull the panel and get it that way, is this something your interested in doing? I have the breakdowns for that

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please

This should do it, let me know if you have any other questions

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I pull that panel off is there a latch I can move to open it from the inside, and yes I will be glad to give you a 5 star rating

Yeah its kind of a pain but yes and then you can troubleshoot why its not working.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok great, thank you for your help
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also do you know how much the latch system would cost me from Nissan, they told me the parts and labor would cost me 400 for them to fix it, the bottom part fell out where you mash the button to open it

can send a picture of this so I can have a better idea of whats broken?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have it, I am not sure where it fell out at, when it first fell out I was able to put my finger in there and push the button but now that don't work

so the button has sunk inside of the door?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
seem like it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the cover part for the button is missing

can you show me a pic of the offending area?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I couldn't get a good picture

well whenever you can send it ill be around

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thanks for your help

Sure thing!

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!