Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It won't start,lights come on and the radio too,but when I

Customer Question

It won't start,lights come on and the radio too,but when I turn the key,the clock and the radio go off
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Maxima '99
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes,and I asked someone to help jump it out
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well we have a car sitting at home with battery issues and I used my car to starer on I don't know if that really affected it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

First thing is we have to verify a good battery, have you had it checked out yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No yet,but like I said I used my car to start one that have battery problems and I did it a few times and I don't know if that caused damage to my battery,but I should've checked before contacting you I guess
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you think that could be the problem?

Yes if your battery is bad that would cause a no start, I would take it to the local auto parts store and they can test it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I guess I would do that then thank you

Sure thing ill be around let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks

no problem ill be around, no worries