Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Driver windows doesnt work. Motor is working, have new

Customer Question
driver windows doesnt work JA: Is...
driver windows doesnt work
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes motor is working, have new swich, and checked all wires
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan Nar nissan navara 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes changed the swich, motor is working and wires looks ok checked fuses and all looks good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
7/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the motor working with it in the door connected to the window or only works when manually tested out side of the door?

Does the motor make any noises inside the door at all when trying to use the window?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Hi, the motor works properly when i test it out of the car. All other windows work fine. I have brand new switch but no voltage on the motor connector. I cant find any diagram for this car Nissan Navara 2002.

A diagram for this model can be difficult to obtain as I am not showing it either and it may need obtained from a dealer.

Did you check the wiring leading from the body to the door at all to see if any broken wires are found as this is a common area I have seen wiring break?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Also wires are fine from the drivers switch to the windows motor. The motor connector have 6 pines and just two are that control the motor movement. Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
found a bad connector and corrects but the windows still not working

Did you double check all fuses for any issues?

all checked and are fine. Also just have one fuse for all windows so if the fuse its not working the whole windows wont work

This is a difficult question for me to answer myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you have the window motor out and plugged in, the window motor is working? Is that correct? But when installed it won't lower or raise the window? Is that correct?

Correct. My answer is: can make the windows not working a module like anti theft system o something like that? Thanks.

There is nothing you can do to make the windows not work like a security system.

If the window motor is working, then I would remove the window regulator and see if that can move smoothly with out the window motor in it. If it's binding, that would keep the motor from turning. At the same time, it's possible you could have a bad window motor also if it can't handle the load of the window. It may operate fine with no load, but under a load it may not operate. So are somethings you are going to want to check as well.

I know what you mean, I did all checks i know about, the problem is that the connector of the windows doesn´t give 12V to make motor work, so if someone can give me a diagram of the windows connector and switch pinout will solve my problem for my self. Thanks.

The 02 Navara is the same as the frontier here in the US. I can share the power window diagram for you that.

That is the info you requested.

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician