Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I was hoping you could tell me what fuse is for the rear

Customer Question

Hi! I was hoping you could tell me what fuse is for the rear brake lights? I had a cop show up at my house last night because he noticed the break lights were on and when he passed back by saw break lights still on. We checked the emergency brake and it seems fine. Now I am a woman with NO car experience but my dad is here helping me. Of course the battery has already died on the truck at this point. I am hoping it's a blown fuse. It's a 2002 xterra.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

For the Brake lights to stay on, that is most commonly caused by either a bad brake light switch, which is located down by the inside brake pedal. OR the grommet that contacts the switch has fallen out.

Let me get you the fuse location if you like ?or you can do one of two other things. you can disconnect the negative battery cable so the lights go out, or unplug the Brake light switch down by the brake pedal.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

That is the fuse location.

If you do find it's the brake switch the part is around 30 bucks or less.

Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!