Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I got this codes P1614- Immobilizer and 1610- Lock Mode. do

Customer Question

I got this codes P1614- Immobilizer and 1610- Lock Mode. do I have to get my Nissan Altima keys reprogram or do I have to get new keys made. please help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Codes are P1614 and 1610
JA: What year is your Altima?
Customer: 2003 2.5
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if I can fix it myself I will, but if not need to know what's my next step
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

so did you get a new fob or what happened?