Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the dash clock without disconnecting the battery…

I changed the dash...

I changed the dash clock without disconnecting the battery first. When I clipped the wires going to the clock, I heard a "click" that seemed to come from under the steering wheel. Now the clock works but ... when the car is off the power locks don't work (when I turn it on they do). Also, the clock does not keep the time in memory - it shows 1:00 when I start the car. In addition, when I start the car, the A/C is off and when I turn it on, it works but the default temp setting is 75F, regardless of the last temp setting. It is almost as if all of those things are no longer receiving power from the battery, but rather the alternator only when the car is running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2001 Pathfinder LE 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses. They are fine

7/17/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi did you check the fuses inside the car under the hood look like you may have a blow fuse number 24..7.5 amp

I thought I had, but will now that I have a fuse number, I'll go check it again. Hang tight!

ok inside the car under the steering wheel area is the location of the fuse box

Found it and, you were right! the fuse is blown! Is there an outlet for these fuses other than the dealer?
Never mind. I went to amazon and they have it. Thanks for your help!!

yes any auto parts store

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this Is the only way for me to get pay thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech