mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Idle relearn procedure not working, 1.8, 170,000. I just

idle relearn procedure not working
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 1.8, 170,000. I just replaced the throttle body with a rebuild. I've gone through the relearn procedure 10 times. The MIL light will never start blinking as they say.
JA: What is the model of your '10 Nissan?
Customer: 2006 sentra
JA: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am an experience mechanic. I just replaced the throttle body because I was experiencing intermittent no response to the throttle.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

HI,

Did you do the APP sensor relearn and the Throttle Valve relearn procedures before doing the idle relearn

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
all 10 times

HI,

Outside of a defective throttle body out the box, I am not sure what else would cause it not to relearn. I will opt out and see if another expert knows

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thanks

what procedure are you using are you using a scanner for your idle air volume relearn?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no. I don't have one. I'm using the key on key off steps I have downloaded.

those are how you finish the procedure that method almost never works. also you need to make sure the transmission is warmed up to operating temp if able test drive the vehicle for about ten miles. they never put that into the manual about the trans temp but if it is not hot enough (above 160f ) then it will never set the idle relearn

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The code is P2135. I did drive the car and got it warmed up. I think you are telling me that I need to take it to a dealer for computer hook up.

that would be the best why to get that done. also the idle relearn usually will not set until all codes are cleared as well

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have tried to clear the codes, but have had no luck doing that either. Is there a simple way to clear codes?

not after 2004 they are held in the system until a scanner goes in and registers them as history codes so it can clear them.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
oh well. Thanks

if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating.

mike switzer,
Experience: lead diagnostic tech at Aamco