Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Have 2015 Nissan Sentra. Car worked fine one day - tried

Customer Question

Have 2015 Nissan Sentra. Car worked fine one day - tried going to work the next morning and car wouldn't start. Everything else turns on. Was able to jump car later that day left it on - seemed fine. Turned it off and tried again about an hour or two later and wouldn't start again. Could it be the battery?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon,

What you describe certainly sounds like a bad battery. As the battery dies it will be less and less able to provide enough amperage to start the car. This means that it will sometimes still be able to run accessories, like headlights, radio, etc, but won't have enough amperage to start the car. Normally as you drive the battery would charge back up, but if the battery is bad it won't charge like it should and you will have to jump it again and again until you replace it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok. I somewhat assumed so. At least it isn't anything worse than that. Thank you.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 days ago.

I wouldn't think so. You might have the alternator tested to make sure it's charging correctly when you have the battery changed, but we don't see them go out very often on the sentra.