Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Cruise won't engage. I changed switch under the brake pedal

Cruise won't engage. I changed...
Cruise won't engage. I changed switch under the brake pedal and it still will not engage
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: titan 4x4 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed cruise swith under the brake pedal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
7/13/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

ok

Hey how are you

We have several things we need to check other than the brake switch ,ASCD sensor and IP panel and TCM sensors ?

please click on link and tell me if yoiu can view pdf file I sent you

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I have done some basic electrical work and have a tester. Not sure if it's for 12 v. Might just be ac tested. I'd like to fix myself

We have 2 fuses for it ,in the fuse box Number #20 and #15 fuse a 20 amp both 10 amp, did you check those

click on link to view file

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

they will be in the J/B fuse box, junction box ,please check these fuse ,that is beginning of our circuit

NI'll go look now to double check fuses

ok ,just reply back when ready , sometimes it might take few minutes to answer back ,do no think i left , i would be busy on other post but will come back to you

How do I locate fuses 15 and 20? I have box open but don't see any numbers
u do mean the "normal" fuse box on passenger side, not under hood, correct?

ok hold on ,let me see what i have to help you

ECM relay ,replace that one

this the fuse layout ,shwoing the fuse number ,

you're best hunch is that it's NOT the switch on steering wheel?

junction box is passenger side ,will be labeled A on the diagram i sent you

well it could be ,do we have power on the fuse are they good ?

is the ECM under the hood? Which side? I looked at drawing but it doesn't show where the box itself is located. Thanks
fuses in the passenger side, interior, seem ok, number 15 and 21 as you mentioned.
Where is ECM box?

ecm is under hood ,hard to see with out battery removed

click on link to view ecm location

please resend that link. I'm not sure I opened the correct ones...ones I open I don't see location under hood

look at top left in the diagram ,there is several picture top left

Thanks that helps. I'm going to remove battery and look. Is there a way to test ECM to know if it's bad?

Check the ecm ground

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
is the "ECM" and ECM relay" the same thing?

no sir

ecm is a relay in the fuse box

ecm , is control module box, like car computer

check out this link on ebay to see how it looks like :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Nissan-Titan-ecm-ecu-computer-MEC84-001-/322554418358?hash=item4b19bdd4b6:g:92AAAOSwwvZZQTXW&vxp=mtr

If it were bad wouldn't other things not be working? Just curious how to check it before I spend money and replace. Thanks again

offcourse , do not replace ecm yet expensive and i agree we do not want to throw parts at it :)

,we have to check relay first and power to ecm

checking want be easy manualy , be best if you get it scanned with Nissan scanner or equivalent

and retrieve fault code and based on that fault number we can pull up trouble shoot and narrow it down

if you do get it scanned post the fault back here for me

do you have a security light flashing on dash

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

What does "security" light look like? My TPMS is one. Trying to reset it also and driver side "cigarette lighter-12 Volt power" doesn't work nor doesw 4wd low. Hope that deosn't confude things too much....wonder if they are related?
are you still there, see my last qauestion?

hey sorry i m here got busy for a sec

It will be a KEY looking symbol ,green color or orange in the dash

when turn the switch from off to on this symbol will come on for few seconds and disappear but if it does not we have anti theft trigger

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat