Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nissan 2008 Altima 3.5 wont start has a security light

Nissan 2008 Altima 3.5...

Nissan 2008 Altima 3.5 wont start has a security light blinking and the car gives brake and push button symbols but nothing happens. Tried the fob in the side shows to pull it out and still nothing. lights work locks work panic work I don't think it is the fobs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Had the brakes replaced about 3 weeks ago. pads roters

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to take neg post off 15 secs. changed to batteries to fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car was working fine then parked last night and now doesn't run. can not start or take out of park

7/13/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is the steering wheel locked?

Does the brake lights work?

If you press the start button 2 times with out stepping on the brake pedal, does the ignition come on?

no. nothing but the push button comes on

Are you sure the steering wheel is locked?

turns about 2-3 inches and stops both directions. tried it again and same

Do you feel like it's hitting a lock? Cause it's sounding like a steering lock control unit issue..

comes to a stop so I assume it is hitting the lock

Do you have a Yellow key light on?

key light on the dash?
the only indicator is the the start push button. there is also a flashing car with a key inside it on the right top side. no I don't have that indicator

Did you try to jump start the car?

Does the Remote lock and unlock the doors?

no to jump start inside garage. the locks work and panic button , truck lid also

Then it has to be something with the steering lock.. Watch that video I shared and try those steps and see if that gets the car started.

I have cables but cant get to it in the garage to try and jump the shifter is locked

Try watching the video I shared, and follow the steps and see if the car starts..

ok thank you I will try that.

Your welcome.. Feel free to let me know how you make out.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician