Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Far, so good. I recently purchased a BAFX OBDll diagnostic

Customer Question

far, so good. I recently purchased a BAFX OBDll diagnostic tool for my 2015 Nissan Frontier. Is there any risk of permanent damage to the vehicle if it is used? According to the ad, it is supposed to be compatible with all models 1996 to current.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that covers it. Thank you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

There is no risk at all with this code reader. It will provide some info and codes, but it's not capable of programming or changing the program in the computer on the truck. You are completely safe using this tool.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!