Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2003 Murano, installed a new fuel pump because the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Murano, installed a new fuel pump because the car had been running during a very hot day (idling) on and off for about 5 hours. Shut the engine off and it wouldn't restart. I sprayed starter fluid in the air intake, car started, so I changed the pump with a new one. There is no power to the pump and the pump doesn't run. Tried to find the fuse and the relay and can't find neither one. Don't know what to do next. Help
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, like I said, installed new pump and determined there isn't any power to the pump or at least I don't hear it running nor do I have any fuel pressure.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, the only thing I can't find is the relay and the fuse, other than that maybe it could be the crank sensors
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.
Hey there thanks for the question
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.
When you checking for power at the pump you need to be cranking the engine. That or you need to be checking for power when the key is first turn to on position, because it only has power for a second if it's not cranking
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.
The relay and the fuse for the fuel pump are in the IPDM, this is located by the passenger side headlight .Fuse 81 to be exact
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

here s the IPDM layout