Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cannot get my 2008 Nissan Altima hybrid to pass the cat…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my 2008 Nissan Altima hybrid to pass the cat and evac monitors so I can pass smog. I drove my car for almost 100 consecutive miles today and nothing. It is throwing a preliminary warning sign and that's it. It's like it's stuck in purgatory. Any advice?

Mechanic's Assistant: What specifically didn't pass the test? When was your last oil change?

What's it called when they hook your car up to the computer and you have to do drive cycles to reset the computer modules or whatever?

Mechanic's Assistant: An old Jeep Grand Cherokee.

What?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

No my mechanic is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't get the car to pass smog because the check engine light is always on

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
7/11/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. the emission monitors are monitored and set to the readiness status by, and only by the computer once ant fault codes are cleared and the vehicle completes a drive cycle, if the drive cycle is completed and no fault are stored in the computer then the computer is the culprit. Replace it.

hows it going