Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2015 Murano has a Navagation System Error code. This

happened after trying to update...
My 2015 Murano has a Navagation System Error code. This happened after trying to update the Map SD card. My dealership says talk to Nissan helpdesk and help desk says talk to dealership. I do not know what to do. I tried unhooking the negative battery cable for over an hour but that did not work. Is there anything else I can do?
6/28/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

That is unfortunate that they tossed you around like this.

What usually happens is when the update fails or doesnt complete all of the way or if there is an internal electrical fault in the navigation control unit then this actually damages the unit to where it has to be replaced.If the battery disconnect did not reset the fault then you can try and perform the update again but most likely it will not start or take and the navigation unit has to be replaced.You would want to tell the dealer you are almost positive this is what has happened so they can look at it and try and warranty it for you.Have them do the update as well once the new one comes in this way if is happens again they can parts warranty the navigation unit if needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now I need to find a dealership that will actually help me. My car is no longer under warranty so I'm guessing this will fall 100% in my lap? I have the code it is giving but it sounds like that doesn't matter? The radio will come on but only for a few seconds and it asks for the activation code but won't let me put it in before the error screen comes on

I would call the help desk and let them know you got tossed back to them.They should be able to contact the dealer and tell them they need to look into this.If the dealer still cannot or will not or the help desk cannot help then you may need to locate another dealer which is unfortunate that it has to happen this way.But this does sound like the update has damaged it to where it needs replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician